Welcome

Improve your novel writing with useful tips and techniques.

Follow the day-to-day work of a busy, homeschooling mother of four as she as she battles the highs and lows of planning and writing a novel from scratch.



Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Writer's Life

Hi, I'm Sherry Wilson. Welcome to my novel writing blog. If you've ever thought about writing a novel but aren't sure what is involved or whether you could make time to do it, I hope you will find this blog inspirational and informative. If you just want to live vicariously and experience the joys of writing a novel without having to pull out your hair in frustration, well, welcome to you too, and there's no hair pulling required.

So, who am I and what qualifies me to write a novel? I've been writing most of my life and editing for the past 8 years. I homeschool my four little monsters who range in age from 5 to 11. I edit novels, essays, short stories, websites, etc. on a regular basis. I maintain a website, adding content regularly. I teach a writing course at St. Lawrence College in Brockville, Ontario. In short, I'm a busy lady. If I can find time to write, anyone can.

As for what qualifies me to write a novel, I just threw that in for a laugh. I have had some experience writing books, but the only qualifications you need are: something to write with, an idea, and enough determination to see it through.

Having taught a novel writing method, edited many novels and written a few of my own, I've streamlined some of the process. And having experienced some of the pitfalls, I hope to make wiser choices in the beginning and save myself a lot of rewriting later.


So here's the story of a novel. I hope you enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment